Yes, sure, it’s been a hell of a long time since I’ve reviewed or written anything on this blog (exactly one year to the day, actually – weird!). And it’s been quite a long time since I’ve written at all. But, just the other day I was approached by a Spartan Race promoter, inquiring as to whether I’d be interested in trying out a Spartan Race and doing a giveaway. I thought perhaps this opportunity might as well bring me back to my writing, and as a positive side-effect, back to actually running.
But more on that another day – today is the day for a free race entry!
SPARTAN is an obstacle race series popping up all over the country, and gaining crazy popularity. It’s been responsible for getting thousands of people up off their couches and on the streets and into gyms to train, get fit and reach their goals year after year. SPARTAN is not just for runners, and it’s not just for Crossfitters – it’s for everyone. They started with the Sprint, but now they have introduced many different races of different distances and levels of difficulty, so there’s a race at your level no matter who you are. And I might as well even tell you all – even I’ve decided to sign up for a SPARTAN Race! (a review/race report will be posted afterward) (and yes, I know, I did write this post knocking obstacle races awhile back, I concede!). So just to be informational, here’s the breakdown for each of the race types:
The SPARTAN SPRINT is a 3 mile race with about 15 obstacles
The SPARTAN SUPER is an 8+ mile race with about 20 obstacles
The SPARTAN BEAST is a 12+ mile race with 25+ obstacles
So, if you want to try out your first SPARTAN race, or challenge yourself to one at the next level, this contest is perfect for you! I am giving away a race entry to any one of the following promoted races:
- 12/06/14 Malibu SPRINT – Santa Monica, CA
- 12/07/14 Malibu SPRINT – Santa Monica, CA (both these days were about 90% full at time of publishing – you’d have to hurry on this one or be willing to choose a different location if it’s full)
- 01/17/15 SoCal BEAST – Vail Lake, CA
- 01/18/15 SoCal SPRINT – Vail Lake, CA
- 01/24/15 SoCal SUPER – Vail Lake, CA (this is the race I am most likely doing, FYI)
- 01/25/15 SoCal SPRINT – Vail Lake, CA
- 02/07/15 Arizona SPRINT – McDowell Mountains, AZ
- 02/08/15 Arizona SPRINT – McDowell Mountains, AZ
- 03/07/15 Atlanta SPRINT – Atlanta, GA
- 03/08/15 Atlanta SPRINT – Atlanta, GA
- 04/11/15 Charlotte SPRINT – Charlotte, NC
- 04/12/15 Charlotte SPRINT – Charlotte, NC
- 04/18/15 Las Vegas SUPER – Las Vegas, NV
Please do me and everyone else a favor and only enter if you are willing and able to attend one of the races listed above. In order to enter, you must do at least one of the actions listed below. if you do more than one you get an entry for each thing.
IMPORTANT: Please don’t forget to leave a comment each time you complete an entry item (even if it’s multiple times, for example the FB posts, so I can keep track of each entry and count it!
- Repost this blog post on the Facebook (you may do this once every day for an additional entry)
- Repost this blog post on the Twitter (you may do this once every day for an additional entry)
- Post about this giveaway on your Tumblr page
- Follow my blog
- Write a comment below about either your experience with the SPARTAN races, or about why you want to run a SPARTAN race
The winner will be drawn on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
The winner-publishing blog entry will also include a race discount promo code, so be sure to come back and check it out.